CA Foundation Course Details are provided here. Students who want to start their career in CA are looking for CA Foundation course details. Here in this post, we are providing CA Foundation course details like eligibility, registration, exam fees, due dates, and application. Check here the complete CA Foundation course details. Follow this post and get the details of the CA Foundation course.
- CA Foundation Notification
- CA Foundation Admit Card
- CA Foundation Question Papers
Topics covered in this article
CA Foundation Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Registration & Due Dates
Students who are looking for CA Foundation course details can check here the course details. Here we are providing details about CA Foundation course, eligibility, fee, application and more.
About CA Foundation Course
CA Foundation is the first level of the Chartered Accountancy course. Ther are 3 levels of CA course, i.e., CA Foundation, Inter, and Final. The CA Foundation is an entry-level course. The students who want to pursue a CA course, first they must clear the CA Foundation course. CA Foundation is like an entrance test to the Chartered Accountancy course. The students who will clear the CA Foundation course will be eligible to apply for the CA Intermediate course. CA Foundation is the toughest level of CA course as it is the gateway for the CA Foundation course.
CA Foundation Papers
The CA Foundation exam is conducted 2 times a year in months of May and November. The exam conducting board ICAI conducts CA Foundation exam is an offline pen and paper-based exam. There are 4 papers for the CA Foundation exam. Each paper is conducted for 100 marks. The CA Foundation exam 2 papers are conducted in a subjective type of questions and the remaining 2 papers are of objective type of question. There is a negative marking for the objective type of questions. The 4 papers for the CA Foundation course are mentioned below:
- Paper 1: Principles and Practices of Accounting
- Paper 2: Business Law and Business Correspondence and Reporting
- Paper 3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning and Statistics
- Paper 4: Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
CA Foundation Subjects Covered
There are 4 papers for CA Foundation course. Here we are providing details on subjects covered in CA Foundation course.
Subjects covered in CA Foundation Course
- Paper-1: Principles and Practice of Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper-2: Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting (100 Marks)
- Section A: Business Law (60 Marks)
- Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting (40 Marks)
- Paper-3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
- Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)
- Paper-4: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
Paper-3 and Paper-4 are objective type papers with negative marking.
CA Foundation Exam Passing Criteria
A Foundation Course candidate shall be declared to have passed the examination if he/ she obtains at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the papers, subject to the principle of negative marking.
Eligibility For Chartered Accountancy Foundation Course
Here we are providing the eligibility of the candidates for the CA Foundation course.
- A student who has appeared in the Class 12 examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India (or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto) may register for Foundation Course.
- A registered student may appear in Foundation Examination after he/ she has qualified the Senior Secondary Examination* (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India (or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto) and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time.
- A student who has got himself/ herself registered for Foundation Course and has undergone a minimum of four months study period is eligible to appear in the Foundation Examination, i.e., students registered on or before 30th June/31st December will be eligible to appear in November/May examination respectively. Foundation Examinations are held in May & November every year.
Registration For CA Foundation Course
A candidate has to register for Foundation Course by filling Online Registration Form available on ICAI website (www.icai.org) in “Course Registration Forms” under the “Students tab”. While filling the online form, candidates should take care of the following:
- After filling the Online Form pay the required fees online using the payment
- On successful payment, the system will automatically generate the Form, which is to be
The following documents are to be submitted to concerned Regional Office within 7 days of the date of online registration along with the print out of the online registration form, duly signed by the candidate.
- The duly signed printout of the online successful registration form in hard copy
- Attested copy of Admit Card / Mark sheet of Class 12 examination issued by the respective Board
- One recent color photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if the student is a foreigner
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate i.e SC/ST, OBC, Differently abled
- Attested copy of the 10th Marksheet/ Admit Card of 10th class indicating the Name & Date of Birth
CA Foundation Fee
Students who want to apply for the CA Foundation course should know the CA Foundation course fee. So, to help the students here we are providing CA Foundation course fees.
Details of Fee
Students (US $)
|1||Cost of Foundation Prospectus||200||20|
|2||Foundation Registration fee||9,000||700|
|3||Subscription for Students’ Journal (For One Year) (Optional)||200||20|
|4||Subscription for Members’ Journal (For One Year) (Optional)||400||40|
CA Foundation Registration Due Dates
- Last Date for CA Foundation Registration for May 2020 attempt: February 2019
- Last Date for CA Foundation Registration for November 2020 attempt: June 2019
Foundation Examinations are held twice a year in the months of May and November. Examination Department issues notifications/announcements regarding the conduct of Foundation Examination on the Institute’s website www.icai.org/Newspapers. The said notification contains the proposed Examination Centres, in India and abroad. After getting registered for Foundation Course, students are also required to fill in the separate application form for appearing in Foundation Examination.
Registration Validity for Chartered Accountancy Foundation Course
Foundation Course registration is valid for 3 years and can be revalidated any number of times for a further 3 years period by paying revalidation fee of Rs. 300/- or as decided by the Council from time to time.
CA Foundation Application Form
The students to apply for the CA foundation exam, not only registration is enough but also the students should fill the application form and submit it to the ICAI board. You can fill the application form on the ICAI portal after paying fees for the exam during the registration process.
Before filling the application form the students should check all the details mentioned by him/her at the time of registration for the exam. After filling the application form the student should take a print out of the filled-in application form and send the printout of such form in an envelope (without folding) by speed post to the Joint Secretary Exam (Examination Department), the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ‘ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110002.
Here in this post, we have provided CA Foundation course details like eligibility, application, fees, registration, passing criteria, due dates, and registration validity. If you have any queries regarding this post, please ask via comment box, our team will reply asap. Keep checking our site for more fresh updates. Thank you for reading our article.
- CA Foundation Suggested Answers
- CA Foundation Study Materials
- CA Foundation Previous Papers