The ICAI CA Inter Course Details are provided here. Students who have cleared the CA Foundation level can apply for the CA Intermediate level. Many candidates are looking for CA Inter Course Details. So, to help the students here we are providing CA Inter Course Details. Here we are providing CA Inter Eligibility, Papers, Registration, Fees, Due Date, Application and passing criteria. Check this post and get the complete details of the CA Inter course.
- CA Inter Question Papers
- CA Inter Admit Card
- CA Inter Suggested Answers
Topics covered in this article
CA Inter Course Details – Eligibility, Fees, Registration, Papers etc.
Now here we are providing the complete course details of Chartered Accountancy Inter level. Check the details of the course and prepare well for exams.
CA Inter Course
CA Inter is the second level of the Chartered Accountancy course. This is the first stage of the Chartered Accountancy curriculum wherein only working knowledge of core and allied subjects to accountancy profession is covered. The students who have applied for the CA Inter level should undergo a study period for 8 months. The students can apply for the CA Inter level through a direct entry route or by clearing the CA Foundation level.
CA Inter Eligibility
- A candidate is eligible for enrolment to any of the Group(s) of the Intermediate Course on passing the Foundation Examination
- A candidate who has already passed the erstwhile Foundation Examination or Professional Education (Examination-I) or Common Proficiency Test (CPT) shall be eligible for enrolment to Intermediate Course subject to complying with relevant conditions.
- A candidate who was already registered for erstwhile Intermediate/ Professional Education (Course-II)/ Professional Competence Course/ Integrated Professional Competence Course/ Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course cum articleship shall be eligible for enrolment/ conversion to Intermediate Course subject to complying with relevant conditions.
- Students who are Graduates/ Post Graduates in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) by studying any three papers carrying a minimum of 50 marks in a semester/year and cumulatively 100 or more marks over the entire duration of the concerned course out of Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (including Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing, Business Administration or Management Accounting or similar to the title of these papers with different nomenclatures or other than those falling under Commerce stream having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) and candidates who have passed the Intermediate level examination conducted by The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India can register directly in the Intermediate Course.
- Students who are pursuing the Final year Graduation Course can also register for the Intermediate Course on provisional basis and such students’ registration would be regularised and they can commence practical training only on submission of satisfactory proof of having passed the Graduation examination with the specified percentage of marks within six months from the date of appearance in the final year Graduation examination. During the provisional registration period, a student can undergo and complete Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS). If such student fails to produce the proof within the aforesaid period, his provisional registration shall stand canceled and the registration and other fees, as the case may be, paid by him shall not be refunded/ adjusted and no credit shall be given for the theoretical education undergone.
Chartered Accountancy Inter Level Papers
Get here the papers in CA Inter Course Details. There are 8 papers for CA Inter level. Further, the 8 papers are divided into 2 groups. The subjects for CA Inter exam are mentioned below.
- Paper-1: Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper-2: Corporate and Other Laws (100 Marks)
Part I: Company Law (60 Marks)
Part II: Other Laws (40 Marks)
- Paper-3: Cost and Management Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper-4: Taxation (100 Marks)
Section A: Income-tax Law (60 Marks)
Section B: Indirect Taxes (40 Marks)
- Paper-5: Advanced Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper-6: Auditing and Assurance (100 Marks)
- Paper-7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management (100 Marks)
Section A: Enterprise Information Systems (50 Marks)
Section B: Strategic Management (50 Marks)
- Paper-8: Financial Management & Economics for Finance (100 Marks)
Section A: Financial Management (60 Marks)
Section B: Economics for Finance (40 Marks)
The subjects of the Intermediate Course are classified into two groups in which a student can study and appear in the examination group-wise or both the groups together.
CA Inter Fee Details
Now here we are providing CA Inter exam fee details. The students can apply for individual groups or can apply for both groups at a time. However, the fee is different based on the selection of groups for the exams.
|Details of Fees||Both Groups (Rs)||Both groups (US $)||Single Group (Rs)||Single Group (US $)|
|Student’s Activity Fee||2000||2000*|
|Registration Fee as article assistant||1000|
CA Inter Registration Due Dates
Candidates of Foundation Route and Intermediate level examination passed candidates of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India who registers for Intermediate Course on or before 1st March/1st September of the year would be eligible to appear in the Intermediate Examination to be held in the following November/May.
Graduate/Post Graduate route students who register under Direct Entry Scheme in the respective decentralized office for the Course and Commence Practical Training on or before 1st February/1st August shall be eligible for November/May examinations on completion of 9 months practical training.
CA Inter Registration Process (Direct Entry And Foundation Route)
The candidate can register for the CA Inter online by filling the registration form and by making the requisite fees. As soon as the payment is completed, the system will automatically generate the application form which is required to be filled by the students and take a print out of it.
The printout of the filled online application form is to be submitted to the concerned regional office duly signed by the candidate along with the following documents –
Foundation Route Students (Documents Required)
- Submit the attested copy of the Marksheet of class 12th or its equivalent Central Govt. recognized examination pass Mark statement.
- Affix a colored and latest photograph on the hard copy of the registration form.
- Attested copy of the proof of Nationality, if the student is a foreigner.
- Attested copy of the proof of special category certificate i.e. SC/ST/OBC or Differently abled.
CA Inter Direct Entry Route for Students (Documents Required)
Submit an attested copy of the Graduation / Post Graduation Marksheet OR Marksheet or Mark statement of Intermediate level Examination of ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) or ICWAI (Institute of Cost Accountants of India)
- One colored and latest photograph should be attested to the print out of the online registration form.
- Attested copy of the proof of the Nationality, if the student is Foreigner.
- Attested copy of the proof of the special category i.e. SC/ST/OBC or Differently abled.
Passing Criteria For CA Inter Students
A student may appear in both the groups simultaneously or in one group in one examination and in the remaining group at any subsequent examination. He is declared to have passed the Intermediate examination if he passes both the groups.
- A student shall ordinarily be declared to have passed in both the groups simultaneously if he/she
- Secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper of each of the groups and a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate of all the papers of each of the groups; or
- Secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper of both the groups and a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate of all the papers of both the groups taken together
- A student shall be declared to have passed in a group if he secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper of group and minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate of all the papers of that group.
Here in this post we have provided CA Inter Course details. Check Here CA Inter Eligibility, Fees, Registration Details, passing criteria, etc. Follow this post and get all the required details of the CA Inter in order to apply for CA Inter exams. If you like this CA Inter Course Details post, please share it with your friends and family. Keep checking our site for more fresh updates.
- CA Inter Study Material
- CA Inter Previous Question Papers
- CA Inter MTPs